Our Passion is to:
FeedingHawaiitogether.Org, has been the largest distributor of free food on Oahu since 2003.
Our services are designed to meet the needs of Honolulu’s working poor as well as the elderly and disabled living on fixed incomes. These are our “clients.” We distribute millions of pounds of canned and perishable goods every year, serving thousands of needy families. We also distribute, free of charge, furniture, appliances and other donated household items.
Living below the poverty line, many of our clients are forced to make difficult choices between purchasing food and paying for rent, utilities or critical medications. We know we are, in fact, preventing homeless through our efforts. Weekly trips to our ‘grocery store’ styled food pantry provides each client with dignity and hope.
In September of 2016, we were forced to close our doors at 615 Keawe Street in Honolulu. After leasing this facility for nearly 15 years, our home was sold to a developer.
The Exciting News is that . . .
- We have a found a potential permanent home. A 13,000 square foot facility which we have under contract to purchase!
- Our use of the facility has been approved by Honolulu City Planning.
- We been approved for a Community Development Block Grant through a Department of Housing and Urban Development program administered by the City and County of Honolulu.
But . . . we need financial help to pull all the pieces together.
- In the meantime, we’ve had to expend funds to secure the property and begin work on Due-Diligence activities such as updating the Survey and commissioning Environmental Survey Assessments, critical items in finalizing and securing the grant.
- Our need is $150,000. This will ensure we have funds on hand to finalize the grant process and conduct the needed Due-Diligence on the property we seek to acquire as a permanent home for FeedingHawaiiTogether.Org.